Behind every successful man….IS AN AMAZING WOMEN You have heard that saying many times and the fact is it is so true in my case. My beautiful wife Kerry and I have been with each other for 17 years now and married for 13 (no chance for parole) she is my soul mate, lover, Mother of my children and best friend. The AFC is seen as many things too many people but sometimes one of the most important people involved in the AFC is not given the credit she deserves Mrs Kerry Louise Atkin. When asked what her role at the AFC is she normally tells you she is head of admin, while this is true to a certain extent she is much more than that….. Kerry organises all of the day to day running of the gym and does the accounts much better than I did ( I was too helpful to people that said they had no money to train but went out all weekend ) She still has a heart of gold as she sometimes ends up paying for the postage and package for Gi’s for the kid’s classes so not to charge them too much, bless her! Over the years it is has been difficult coming to the gym day after day getting hit kicked and choked (that’s just off Kerry) so I do feel sore or injured most of the time Kerry is there to build me up and encourages me to stay positive but also gives me a harsh talking to if I moan on about the career I have chosen to do (if you don’t want to do it anymore give it up!) this normally wakes me from my depression spiral and spurs me to carry on. When a project is taken on by Kerry It is treat like a military campaign, every detail is worked out, checked, logged on to the computer and detail accounts are kept to see how the budget is kept on track as illustrated by the re-vamp for the gym, everything was thought out by Kerry (my in store interior designer) she had heated arguments that I knew nothing about until on returning home and walked into a colour discussion about the colour choses that other people had voiced about the gym (It turns out the walls are not natural hessian they are magnolia and the red is Pillar box red not Mackem red (Sunderland). Kerry has an amazing eye for detail in everything she does and will fight with anyone to get her vision finished to her standards, the end results have been amazing; my small result was the boxing ring it was even colour co-ordinated! Kerry never talks about herself very much ( but boy can she talk ) but I know that when people ask a question I tell them to ask Kerry but sometimes they still find the need to ask me instead of Kerry, this used to happen to Sharon Thompson , Geoff Thompson’s wife , whenever Geoff was teaching a seminar Sharon would go around and help people with technique but some people were so arrogant that they would not take her amazing advise but when Geoff told them the exact same thing suddenly it was the best answer in the world ! Sharon is an amazing Martial artist in her own right but chose to help Geoff when he needed it and she remains by his side to this day shunning the limelight but always being on hand to help in any way she can! I always felt angry that people did not listen to Sharon liked they listened to Geoff not unlike I get angry when people try to not take notice of Kerry (if you are taking to me you are taking to Kerry, we are a team) Geoff saw this happening on his courses so he started to use Sharon for pad work demo’s, but even when people could see Sharon’s skill they still did not ask her advice; Some people are stupid you need to punch the information into them. My Kerry Louise is an amazingly strong person on the inside she has battle with two long term conditions for many years and also struggled with her weight but in these battles she is winning but I know it is a struggle at all times but she always tries to look at the positive in everything ( if you open the dictionary her face is on the positive page) but she hides a lot of the things that hurt and get her down because if you dwell on it , that is the thing that will bring you to your knees, I am sometimes humbled by what she takes on and has to go through if I could take away any of it I would in a heartbeat ( as I say there is no such thing as overprotective) she has many roles in her life she is an amazing wife and mother to amazing daughters, Molly and Erin, a councillor and marriage guidance to most of the friends and family , she is a leader of many she is the matriarch of the family and the AFC if you think I am “Hard” try and get one over on Kerry …I wish you luck! Kerry is going to hate this and around about now she will be editing it and checking my spelling mistakes and also will be trying to get me to A. Not put this on my blog site or B. Let me put it up but make me change the funny bits or C. Love it and believe that all her family ,friends and everyone at the AFC Love her and respect the work she does for everyone in her life She makes the world a better place (but very O.C.D) Until next time Play nicely with the other kids John Atkin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ninjutsu - in the shadows for self-protection

What are you promoting?

Take a seat